Private Vocal, Music and Acting Teachers
Music in Motion Performing Arts Studio
Full-time job: no
Day-time work: no
Evening-time work: yes
Work on weekends: no
Music in Motion Performing Arts Studio (MIMPA) has created an exciting new approach to the music studio life. We are looking for dynamic, professional and passionate private vocal, music and acting teachers to be a part of our MIMPA Team.
THE MIMPA TEACHING DIFFERENCE:
At Music in Motion Performing Arts we partner with the teacher to provide a self employed feel while offering the benefits of the music studio life. Our teachers set their own hourly rates and schedules. Music in Motion Performing Arts will add a fee of $18 on top of your hourly rate ($9 per 30mins) to cover your rent, admin, insurance etc.
For example: If you wished to set your rate at $40 per hour (or $20 per 30 mins) we would charge your students $58 per hour ($29 per half hour).
We strive to provide consistency and quality teaching to our students. We believe that the positive bond between student and teacher helps to develop confidence and increase student learning. At MIMPA, we cultivate JOY and inspire our students to make possibility into reality.
How you benefit:
- We do the advertising/marketing and promoting for you
- We deal with most administrative work, collecting payments and registration
- We provide you with a well maintained, creative and professional teaching space
- Students will be under studio policies, wavers etc.
- We provide Pianos (including an acoustic grand piano for practice and performances and digital pianos to allow for transpositions for singers)
- MIMPA will organize and run in house recitals so you can showcase your students progress
- Your students will have the option to participate in MIMPA's End of Year Awards Show that is held in a fully equiped theater
- You will be a part of a supportive team of passionate teachers. We are dedicated to improving the artistic skill, technique, quality of life and character of young people.
What we are looking for:
- Passionate and fun private Vocal/Music/Acting Teachers looking for a space to teach private lessons
- Teachers looking not only to help develop solid technique and artistry in their students, but also teach them skills needed for all areas of life; self-discipline, time management, confidence, creativity etc.
- Although you will be considered self employed, you will be representing our studio. As such, we are looking for positive attitudes, considerate and creative teaching styles and individuals with a passion to teach and a love for the Arts
- Weekly commitment to the studio from September 2018 - June 2019, understanding that any weeks missed due to weather, illness, vacation or personal reasons must be made up.
- Willingness to work with studio directors and administrative staff in areas of students, communication, performances, staff meetings and policies.
- Bachelor’s of Music, RCM Level 10, A.R.C.T or equivalent Associate Degree
- Professional performance experience is an asset
- Minimum of 2 References from former teachers or students
Teachers will be required to provide/obtain a current vulnerable sector police check.
During the interview, you will be asked to perform a short piece demonstrating your skills.
If you are interested in applying please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Attention: Lydia Martin
We thank you for your interest in our studio!
Although many candidates may apply, only those being considered will be contacted for an interview.
To apply for this job online, please follow the steps below:
- Go to www.fairylakejobs.net;
- Type into the search field 7468735, then click on "Find" to find the job;
- Click on the job in the search results;
- Click on Apply for this job at the bottom of the posting (Scroll down if necessary).
- Log in or sign up for a new job applicant account, then follow the instructions.