Geomembrane Installation Technicians & General Labourers
Position Overview: Layfield is looking to add Geomembrane Installation Technicians & General Labourers to their Construction team. These positions and will be based out of the construction office in Vaughan with project locations spread throughout Ontario, with occasional travel to other parts of Canada.
- Assisting with the deployment of geosynthetic materials in the installation of various environmental containment systems within oil tank farms, produced water ponds, storm water ponds, landfills, etc.
- Using seaming and extrusion equipment to fusion weld geosynthetic materials
- Using basic hand tools and grinders as required
- Ensuring all assigned projects are completed according to Layfield safety policies and in accordance with the customers/project specifications assuring the highest quality standards are met
- General Labourers will have 1 year of previous industrial or construction experience
- Geomembrane Installation Technicians will have 2 years' industry experience
- Be able and willing to travel to remote locations and be away for extended periods of time up to 24 days
- Be adaptable to changing schedules
- Enjoy working outdoors
- Be a safety focused individual
- Have a valid Driver’s License or government issued photo ID
- Having the following valid safety tickets would be considered an asset: WHIMIS, Fall Protection, & First Aid
- Required completion of Worker Health and Safety Awareness in 4 Steps training
- Be able to successfully pass pre-employment test as a requirement for site specific access
What does Layfield have to offer? Layfield is committed to investing in people and creating a dynamic, rewarding employment experience. Layfield offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including:
- $20.00+ per hour (depending on experience) for our General Labourer positions
- $24.00+ per hour (depending on experience) for our Geomembrane Installation Technician positions
- Paid Travel Time & Per Diems (daily food allowance)
- Accommodations supplied while on remote job sites or paid camp premiums while on camp job sites
- All PPE provided (except Steel Toed Boots)
- Transportation provided from Vaughan Office to and from work site
- Comprehensive Benefits Package (including medical, dental, vision, disability insurance, life insurance etc.)
- RRSP Matching Program
- Progression system/ On the job training provided
- You will also have the opportunity to enjoy a number of company events including BBQs, Golf Tournaments, Sporting Events and more!
How to Apply: If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, please reference either General Labourer – Vaughan or Geomembrane installation Technician – Vaughan in the subject of your email. To learn more about Layfield, please visit our website at www.layfieldgroup.com
We thank all applicants for their interest however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies, please.
Click here to apply for this job
Printer friendly version of this ad