Industrial Sewing Machine Operator
Do you want a stable position with a well-established company?
We’ve been Fiercely Reliable for over 90 years!
Who are we?
At Norseman Inc., we truly recognize that our people are responsible for our success. We value our employees and aim to create a work environment where they feel valued, respected, and empowered on a daily basis. Since its establishment in 1921, Norseman Inc. has evolved into a successful, growing business that can offer exciting career opportunities to you in both a supportive and rewarding culture.
A great opportunity has become available to join our Holland Landing team as an Industrial Sewing Machine Operator. In this role, you will be responsible for a variety of physical labour tasks within a manufacturing plant. This will involve operating machines, moving and/or lifting items, unpacking, packing, sorting, crating, packaging, cleaning, sweeping, etc. Training will be provided.
- Maintain speed & efficiency in a fast paced environment
- Operate machines and assist other workers with various physical labour tasks
- Demonstrate initiative and teamwork in daily work activities to provide assistance wherever needed
- Effectively communicate with co-workers and supervisors
- Ensure tasks are completed fully and accurately as requested
- Check and weigh materials and products
- Sort, pack, crate, and package materials and products
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations
- Follow all department policies, procedures, and service standards
- Adhere to all Health & Safety policies
- Experience with sewing machines and industrial sewing machine operation
- Accuracy in following instructions and eager to learn
- Must be physically fit and able to lift up to 50 lbs. on a regular basis
- Efficient job task planning and organizing
- Manual dexterity
- Attention to detail
- Ability to focus on tasks to completion
- Capable of speaking, reading, and writing in English
- Plant setting, Monday through Friday, 7:30am – 4:00pm; occasional overtime may be required
- Fast-paced environment, repetitive tasks, physically demanding, may be on your feet for long periods
Please forward your resume, along with wage expectations.
By applying for this position, you consent to the collection, use, and necessary disclosure of the personal information provided during the application and selection process. Responding to this job ad will imply consent for an HR representative from the Norseman Group of companies to contact you regarding this or other relevant positions.
Click here to apply for this job
Printer friendly version of this ad