Machine Shop Operations Manager
We’re a small, but rapidly growing custom packaging automation provider of 10 – 15 employees, northeast of Toronto that is transitioning to the next tier of growth...planning on doubling our size within the next 5 years.
To aid us on this journey we require a passionate, enthusiastic individual who has worked their way up on the shop floor, has a good understanding of machines and fabrication techniques and is ready to take on the responsibility of overseeing various projects from start to finish.
We want you to feel the excitement of creating something new, working with and encouraging your team and ultimately sharing in the success...and the rewards...of a job well done.
If you are an individual with vision, who can think outside the square and has the diplomacy to deal with the diverse needs of clients in a variety of industries, while maintaining a calm and confident demeanour...we would like to talk to you.
- Champion an organizational culture that is strategic and proactive
- Contribute to short-and long-term organizational planning and strategy as a member of the management team
- Manage projects starting from receipt of order until final installation.
- Implement and take ownership of a new QA system.
- Schedule production and ensure deadlines/commitments are met.
- Establish a continuous improvement system.
- Responsible for resource allocation including staff hiring to meet growth targets.
- Responsible for day-to-day activities in the shop.
- Responsible for the creation of manuals and recommended spare parts lists
- Responsible for handling customer warranty claims.
- Transition our new ERP system into the shop activities.
- Total responsibility for shop and staff safety.
- Minimum 5 years’ work experience in a similar role.
- Hands-on shop floor experience.
- Engineering, technologist or millwright certificate/degree.
- Solid computer skills (ERP system an asset). Solid literacy with MS Office.
- Exceptional at analyzing, evaluating and defining problems and challenges, identifying alternatives and making timely decisions.
- Exceptional at adapting to changing requirements, quickly grasping new concepts and reflecting on lessons learned.
- Demonstrated leadership and vision in managing staff and major projects or initiatives.
- Able to delegate responsibilities effectively and collaborate with staff to get their input.
- Adept at tailoring communication style and delivery to different audiences.
- Maintains current knowledge of industry developments and best practices.
Click here to apply for this job
Printer friendly version of this ad