Do you want a stable position with a well-established company?
We’ve been Fiercely Reliable for over 90 years!
Who are we?
At Norseman Inc., we truly recognize that our people are responsible for our success. We value our employees and aim to create a work environment where they feel valued, respected and empowered on a daily basis. Since its establishment in 1921, Norseman Inc. has evolved into a successful, growing business that can offer exciting career opportunities to you in both a supportive and rewarding culture.
A great opportunity has become available to join our Holland Landing team as a Shipper/Receiver. In this role, you will be responsible for ensuring that goods are received and shipped within specified parameters for accuracy, quality, and safety.
- Inspect and verify incoming goods against packing slips, report damages or discrepancies, and label inventory
- Accurately pick outgoing orders and pack appropriately for shipping
- Determine the best method of shipment for outgoing goods to maintain a high level of accuracy, consistency, and timeliness
- Prepare shipping documents such as packing slips, bills of lading, waybills, and customs documents
- Operate forklift and handcarts to load/unload shipments and move inventory
- Control physical inventory movements of raw and finished goods within the warehouse
- Maintain accurate account of finished goods inventory within warehouse storage locations
- Schedule and coordinate with both inbound and outbound carriers and couriers
- Communicate with customers, vendors, and suppliers
- 3 - 5 years of Shipping/Receiving experience
- Valid driver’s licence with a clean abstract
- Forklift certification
- Must be physically fit and able to lift up to 60 lbs. on a regular basis
- Ability to multi-task and thrive in a high-pressure environment
- Proven attention to detail and accuracy with numbers
- Basic computer skills
- Microsoft Dynamics AX knowledge would be an asset
- Warehouse setting, Monday through Friday, 7:30am – 4:00pm; occasional overtime may be required
- Steel-toed boots are mandatory
Please forward your resume, along with wage expectations.
By applying for this position, you consent to the collection, use, and necessary disclosure of the personal information provided during the application and selection process. Responding to this job ad will imply consent for an HR representative from the Norseman Group of companies to contact you regarding this or other relevant positions.
Click here to apply for this job
Printer friendly version of this ad